He’s popped the question, a date has been set and wedding plans are in full swing. And what better way to celebrate your impending nuptials than a fun, romantic engagement session to showcase who you are as a couple?
As a professional photographer with more than 100 weddings under her belt, I love shooting engagement photos for several reasons.
- It’s the perfect way to get to know the couple and helps remove any tension, allowing them to be at ease with me on their wedding day.
- Props, pets and special locations can be incorporated into the session that might not otherwise fit into the wedding day timeline.
- They’re just fun! And a great way to get beautiful photos to share your love story 🙂
Not sure where to have your photos taken or what to wear? I suggest shying away from patterns or outfits that are too matchy, but otherwise, have fun with it! I allow multiple outfits, and usually couples choose a dressy outfit, a casual outfit and something fun (sports teams, alma maters, etc.). As for the locations, here are some of my favorite locations/venues with links to a Pinterest board of photos I’ve taken.
- Mandalay Canal at Las Colinas
- White Rock Lake (Dallas)
- Deep Ellum (Dallas)
- Rock Creek Ranch (McKinney)
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden
- Cross Creek Ranch (Parker)
- Texas Discovery Gardens (Dallas)
- Haggard Park (Downtown Plano)
- Babe’s Chicken/Frisco Square
- Granada Theatre (Dallas)
- Fort Worth Water Gardens
- Fort Worth Stockyards
- Downtown McKinney
- Lakeside Park (Dallas)
- Gather in Downtown McKinney
- Downtown Grapevine
- Grapevine Botanical Gardens